Monday, February 8, 2010

A Blast From The Past, and More DE

Here is just something simple to start off with, a blast from the past. A re-shoot of the classic Hive Tyrant model, this time with a few photo editing lessons under my belt the levels should be just right on this one. I apologize for the burriness in the top right hand side of the image, I've made sure to turn off the time and date settings on the camera so that i no longer need to do messy edits as seen here. It's going to take awhile to get used to using this camera, i just recently found it floating around in my possession, but at 5 mega pixels, it's a little on the lacking side. Maybe i'll have to see if i can snag a digital slr somewhere.

Now on a different note, here is a conceptual paint job that i'm currently using on my Wych Cult army, let me know what you think, lots of purples and blues used in a similar manner as to the warrior squads in the army, with red highlights on the muscle fibre body suits that remind me a great deal of the vlad body armour in the 1990's film version of Dracula. I might even put on a coat of gloss varnish to really bring out the macabre nature. I've based the model on a snow base, I've always wanted to base an army on snow themed bases, just never really followed it all the way through. Somewhere around the second unit or so the bases usually fall out of my grace and i end up changing the whole thing. We'll see how long this lasts. As for the paint job, the metallics are simply mithril silver with blue wash, the suits are painted with midnight blue, worked up to lych purple, then warlock and finally a very bright pink highlight. The hair is painted black, the red is mechrite with blood red highlights, some fenris grey here and there and Talleran Flesh for the skin


I will more than likely be posting a second post today a little later in the day when i finish a little more of the unit that the model from above belongs to.

No comments:

Post a Comment