The front panel was originally sculpted in plasticine on a cardboard backing to get the general shape of what you see here. the original was then cast in plaster to make a mold from which the plasticine was removed. The front panel was then cast in resin from the plaster mold. After the resin had cured over night the plaster mold was broken off the resin positive, leaving a archaeological dig worth of cleaning to do to remove the left over plaster stuck to the resin. The cleaning still continues!
Here is a side view with models placed on the walkways for scale. Note that the sides of the front panel still need to be treated with green stuff to get that stretched skin look. Also of note here are the wheels on this side which received a wooden texture look.
For a greater idea of scale of this thing, i've set it next to the imperial bastion.
There is still a great deal of work left to go into this model however it's shaping up nicely, I'm waiting for some green stuff i ordered to come in the mail (with the help of the ever reliable Amy) before i get to work on the hardcore details and resurfacing of the front.