Saturday, July 30, 2011

Descent: Journeys in the Dark - Mini Painting Project

I've had this board game sitting around for a couple years now, of which I've only been able to play it maybe a handful of times... this is a shame because of the vast array of interesting components that comes with it.  I have been talking with a few friends of mine over at the gaming store and to remedy this lack of play we've come to the conclusion that there needs to be a weekly descent campaign.  Great! In response i've decided that to spice up the game a bit I'd take a go at painting the miniatures that come with the game.  I've decided to paint them in a particular order so that we can get the most out of the game even while it is being painted.  There are also a few conventions i've decided to use to distinguish the master monsters from the regular minions after they've all been painted.

The Full Array of Descent Miniatures

So here's the painting order:
-Core Set Master Monsters
-Core Set Minion Monsters
-Expansion Master Monsters
-Expansion Minion Monsters
-Hero Miniatures

To get the feel of what it would be like to paint a descent miniature i ran a test run on one of the Skeleton Archers.  I painted it much like i would paint other skeletons in my collection taking inspiration from the card provided in the game box.
Skeleton - Front View

Skeleton - Side View
I'm actually rather impressed as to how these miniatures paint up, i was expecting it to be more challenging or to have less detail than it actually does, but all in all it wasn't a bad miniature to paint.

I'll add more updates as models get painted along with any other interesting things i have to add.

No comments:

Post a Comment